Hours Monday – Friday, 9 am – 4:30 pm
Located on the 2nd floor, Rothwell Wing
KMC provides Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
Our Physical Therapist and Physical Therapy Assistants provide services that help restore function, improve mobility, and relieve pain so patients can return to their home and work activities safely.
Physical Therapy Services Include: evaluating patient’s current level of function and limitations (ROM, strength, balance, functional movement patterns)
- Educating patient on home exercise program, proper posture and body mechanics
- Caregiver and family training to increase safe mobility and handling techniques
- Using therapeutic modalities and procedures to promote healing and improve mobility
Inpatient and outpatient occupational therapy includes:
- Activities of daily living (ADLs) training
- Functional transfer training (toilet, shower, and tub)
- Bathroom durable medical equipment assessment and training
- Adaptive equipment assessment and instruction, wrist, hand, finger splinting, rehabilitation of cognitive deficits (memory, attention, complex reasoning)
Speech therapy for adult acute, skilled nursing, and outpatient care include clinical services for the remediation of varied cognitive-communicative disorders: secondary to CVA, degenerative conditions, traumatic brain injury, vocal pathology, hearing deficit.
Pediatric outpatient services will be provided using a family-centered approach through caregiver participation, collaboration, and education. Our pediatric speech-language services are backed by extensive training and years of experience in supporting the needs of children from 0-3 through young adulthood.
Augmentative communication; language stimulation; social, cognitive, ADL, and community skills will be enhanced through:
- Individual and group treatment
- Integration of treatment with other disciplines
- Caregiver education and training
- Assistance in long-term planning and community referral.
- Experienced and evidence– based treatment of dysphagia will be provided within a culturally sensitive context working closely with caregivers to maximize patient safety and quality of life.