CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant
Job Title: CNA Certified Nursing Assistant
This position for a Certified Nursing Assistant (Full Time, Part Time, On Call) for Kahuku Medical Center (KMC). KMC is a 21 bed Critical Access Hospital and Long Term Care Facility in Hawaii, situated on the windward coast, minutes from the North Shore of Oahu. Gives nursing care under the supervision of the RN.
Serves all age groups of patients, including neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics. Responsible for observing and reporting signs, symptoms and conditions of patients/residents under his/her care. Under supervision, may perform nursing procedures, defined by certification and within hospital standards of care.
1. Assists all patient/residents with activities of daily living, while supporting maximum independence of each individual patient resident.
2. Reports signs, symptoms and conditions of patients/residents under his/her care.
3. Performs nursing procedures, defined by certification and within hospital standards of care.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served.
5. Complies with all hospital and departmental policies and procedures, safety program requirements, corporate compliance program standards of conduct, all applicable statutes, rules and regulations.
6. Maintains skills and knowledge through participation in educational programs.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Training / Educational / Experience Qualifications:
1. Current Nurses’ Aide/Assistant certification required.
2. One year of hospital experience preferred.
Physical, Communication, Mental and Environmental Demands:
1. Long periods of standing and walking.
2. Occasional bending, stooping, reaching and sitting.
3. Continuous use of vision (corrected vision, depth perception, wide field of vision and color vision).
4. Pushing and pulling to 100 lbs.
5. Lifting with assistance 150 lbs.
6. Carrying to 50 lbs.
7. Ability to converse, read, write, understand and instruct in English.