Physical Therapist- Part Time, Full Time
Job Title: Physical Therapist
Reports To: Director of Rehabilitation Services
Status: Part Time, Full Time
The Physical Therapist will carry out an individualized program of physical therapy, including assessment, treatment, planning, implementation, education, and communication to maximize a patient's progress toward achieving functional goals. The Physical Therapist will also maintain a positive working relationship with other health professionals and ancillary staff.
• Provides direct patient care, evaluates functional needs and outcomes, and consults with other specialists. Reviews patients’ functional needs and adjusts care plans to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
• Designs and implements a plan of care for patients based on a thorough assessment of potential development and incorporates participation by significant others whenever it seems appropriate.
• Conducts therapy practice within defined standards of care.
• Directs the assistance of support staff to achieve patients’ functional goals.
• Communicates effectively with other professionals and support staff to achieve positive patient outcomes.
• Practices hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
• Documents evaluations, treatment goals, and plans. Regularly updates documentation and maintains prescriptions and signatures.
• Enhances professional growth and development of self and others through participation in educational programs, in-service meetings, and workshops. Keeps up to date on professional literature.
• Provides direction and leadership to staff and acts as a resource to promote physical therapy in the community.
• Knowledge and skills to care for the physical and developmental needs of the population age groups that will be receiving services.
• Ability to remain calm in emergency or crisis situations.
Education and Experience:
• Graduate of an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) approved physical therapy program.
• At least one year of experience as a physical therapy aide.
• Current license from the state Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
• Duties require extensive standing and walking.
• Requires lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring patients.
• Duties require frequent reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required doing this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.